Today, I’m going to be reviewing 8 best hair dryers with retractable cord.
A hair dryer with a retractable cord is one of the little life luxuries a lot of women still do not know they need. I know how frustrating it is to try to store a hair dryer with a really long cord. Believe me, I’ve been there.
Below, I’m going to be reviewing every hair dryer with a retractable cord that you can find in the beauty stores in 2020.
Let’s dive right into it…
8 Best Hair Dryers with Retractable Cord
Conair Cord Keeper Hair Dryer
The Conair Cord Keeper is the best retractable cord hair dryer in this list.
If you’re really tired of wrapping the cord around your hair dryer, this retractable cord is a big bonus. The cord zips back really quickly, does not get stuck, and does not tangle or curl up, which keeps your drawer really tidy.
Tip: Since the cord retracts really fast, just try to secure the plug so it doesn’t hit you or something valuable.
- It’s a great price and a great color, works perfectly
- Has 3 heat settings (cool, warm, hot) and 2 speed settings (low, high)
- It is powerful and dries and helps you style your hair quickly
- It gets hot quickly but not overly hot
- Ionic technology helps cut back on the frizz and gives you shinier and smoother hair
- Tourmaline ceramic technology distributes heat evenly, which dries the hair faster with less heat damage
- Warm setting is really nice if you do not want to damage your hair
- It’s lightweight, easy to hold and maneuver
- Comes with a concentrator nozzle to dry your hair straight
- Comes with a sturdy diffuser to dry your hair without blowing out your curls
- Features a cool shot button (to set your styles, waves, and curls) that you do not have to keep holding
Susan says this retractable cord is great for traveling. Read her review on Amazon
Conair 1875w Cord Keeper Hair Dryer
You can finally have a retractable cord hair dryer that does not clutter the area and can easily be stored especially if you have limited storage. You won’t have to untwist, untangle, and wrap the cord around the dryer.
The cord is stored in the folding handle, which makes the Conair super easy to pack when you’re traveling.
Tip: if the cord starts to get stuck a little bit, try to spray the cord and the inside with some silicone lubricant.
- Very affordable and powerful, which is really hard to beat
- Has 3 heat / 2 speed settings and a cool shot blast to lock your style in place
- Ionic technology breaks down water molecules for shiny, smooth, and frizz-free hair
- Tourmaline technology delivers uniform heat that does not damage your hair
- Though it’s powerful, it’s not as loud as most dryers.
- You can dry your hair at 5 in the morning while everybody is sleeping
- Dries even long hair in a reasonably short amount of time without causing static electricity or frying out your hair
- Dries fine hair in seconds
- The cool air option blows truly cold air
- The ceramic heating element does not produce a burning smell
- The diffuser attachment helps you get fabulous curls and frizz-free volume
- The concentrator nozzle helps you get sleek, straight, smooth, and tangle-free styles
- Easy to use and handle and does not tire your arms
- Has a 5ft power cord
- The rear filter is super easy to clean, which extends the life of the motor
Kathy loves the cool option and the retracting feature of this dryer. Read her review on Amazon
Andis with Folding Handle & Retractable Cord
The Andis is the best hair dryer with retractable cord and folding handle in this list.
It has a retractable cord that reels inside the handle, which makes it a great choice if you’re tight on storage space. Trusted by lots of hotels, its collapsible handle makes this compact Andis a must for traveling.
- Great price for the power it has
- It has 3 heat/speed settings for ultimate styling and control
- It’s powerful yet quieter than most folding hair dryers with a retractable cord
- The gentler medium setting is great if you’re worried about heat damage
- Offers the perfect airflow/heat mix to dry your hair decently fast without leaving it messy or frizzy
- The ceramic ionic technology helps fight frizz and helps restore moisture and natural oils and seal your cuticle
- The nano-ceramic technology creates silkier and smoother hair
- The cool shot blast button works perfectly and locks in your style. It’s easy to access and press
- Your Hair is renewed, repaired, and revitalized for a softer, smoother, shinier finish
- Has a lifeline shock protection
- lightweight and easy to hold especially for those with arthritis
- has a 5-year warranty
Shopsalot thinks this is the best folding hair dryer with retractable cord. Read her review on Amazon
Revlon 1875w Full Size Travel Hair Dryer with Retractable Cord
Long enough for freedom of movement, the cord retracts into the handle and keeps things tidy and easier to put away after each use. Plus, the Revlon folds down to an easily packable size thanks to its folding handle making it more compact, lightweight, and easy to pack when traveling.
tip: Make sure not to pass pulling the cord out beyond the colored stripe.
- Great for the price
- The low setting can dry your hair nicely in a timely fashion
- It has a cool blast button that you have to keep holding
- It’s very powerful but does not blow so hard to make knots and mess
- The ionic/ceramic combo leaves your hair shiny, smooth, and frizz-free
- Variable heat and speed settings
- Its weight is balanced
- Controls are a bit easy to change accidentally
- A bit on the louder side
H. Sawyer is finally happy to find a retractable cord that actually works. Read her review on Amazon.
Revlon Retractable Cord Fold & Go
Very convenient, the retractable cord saves you the mess and cord tangles when using the dryer or when it’s away in the drawer. Plus, the folding feature makes it perfect to pack in small luggage.
- Very affordable yet very durable
- Tourmaline and ceramic technology dry frizzy curly hair pretty fast without making it look damaged, fried, or dried out
- Triple Baked ceramic, tourmaline & ionic technologies dry hair faster with shinier healthier results
- Powerful but does not blow the hair insanely
- 3 heat / 2 speed settings for drying and styling flexibility
- Has a soft-grip coating around the handle and housing
- Comes with an airflow concentrator to straighten/blowout and a finger diffuser to diffuse/go curly hair
- Has a cold shot feature to seal in and set your curls and styles
- The retractable cord is not perfect
- A bit loud
- Buttons are a bit difficult to slide
Leidi can’t be happier with this retractable hair dryer Read her review on Amazon.
Sunbeam Retractable Cord & Folding Handle
The retractable cord is super convenient, which makes the Sunbeam really easy to store and save space. The folding handle is a big bonus especially when traveling. Its cord is designed to retract slowly for safety
Tip: Make sure the cord is completely flat before retracting it.
- It dries the hair quickly while not getting too hot, which is a plus for people who can’t tolerate hot air
- The cool shot button blows nice cool air to set the styles in place
- Has 3 heat/speed settings
- The tourmaline ionic technology helps dry your hair pretty fast without burning it
- Comes with a concentrator nozzle for precise drying and styling
- Has a removable linter filter for convenient cleaning to extends the motor life
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Has a 5.5ft power cord for more freedom of movement
- A bit louder
Cheryl loves how easy how is to store. Read her review on Amazon.
Revlon Fast Dry Hair Dryer
The Revlon stores without a mess thanks to its fast retractable cord. It also takes up little space in the drawer or luggage thanks to its folding handle.
- Shifts from cold to hot quickly
- A cold shot button to set your style
- It’s hot enough to dry your hair without burning your scalp or forehead
- Has 2 heat settings and 2 speed settings
- Dries the hair decently quickly
- The handle is comfortable to hold and maneuver
NAT is so happy to have a retractable and collapsible hair dryer. Read her review on Amazon
Conair Cord Keeper Hair Dryer
Its compact design, folding handle, and retractable cord feature make the Conair Cord Keeper so easy to store in a drawer.
- 1875 and has lots of power to dry your hair quickly
- Really durable
- easy to clean
- The fresh air button that helps set the style in place
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Has 2 heat/fan settings
Rachel loves how this dryer contracts completely. Read her review on Amazon
So, this pretty much wraps it for this best hair dryer with retractable cord article. I hope you’ve learned something new today.
I know lots of people ask about the Babyliss retractable cord hair dryer, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. If you own a blow dryer of this kind, please let us know in the comments section below.
Benefits of Hair Dryers with A Retractable Cord
So you’re tired of corded hair dryers and looking for a hair dryer with a retractable cord?
Women don’t actually realize how important such a hair dryer is until they get annoyed once and again with the long cord that keeps getting in their way.
With retractable hair dryers:
No more cords getting tangled
No more worrying about how to fit the cord in your tiny drawer
The cord will no longer get stuck around your head, arms, and pretty much anything else that gets in its way
You won’t have to hold the cord with one hand and your blow dryer with the other