Best Blow Dryer For Natural Hair – African American Hair
The best blow dryer for natural hair / African American hair is an ionic model featuring a brush, comb or a Pik styling attachment. The good news is there are a lot of ionic blow dryers and some of them come with these types of attachments. These blow dryers are manufactured to tame the annoying static electricity present in African American hair and protect it from heat damage as well. They are easily attached to the nozzle of the blow dryer and help you comb through your hair to detangle and distribute the heat evenly. As a result, hair becomes more manageable once dry. Also, you have to make sure your African American hair is completely dry to avoid having tangled messes.
The list below has been put together based on a great number of reviews done by people who have tried the tools and took the time to write about them. You certainly read through Amazon reviews to have a picture on a product before you buy it. That’s exactly what we did and saved you the trouble reading every single review. Let’s start.
♥ Natural hair is fragile and breaks easily.
♥ Round boar bristle brushes work great with chemically relaxed African-American hair, yet may not work great with extremely curly natural hair.
♥ Extremely curly natural hair does require you have a ceramic barrel brush with reinforced plastic bristles, a medium-toothed comb or a paddle brush.
♥ Blow drying highly textured African American hair is easily done with a “pik” comb styling attachment.
♥ Natural hair traps more water, so shake or squeeze it to remove the excess moisture from your coils.
♥ If you prefer regular hair dryers over stylers, do attach a diffuser to protect your fragile hair from harsh, direct heat.
Did you know that a lot of women with natural, African American, kinky, curly hair have found comfort in hooded hair dryers? They are gentler on the hair as they dry it evenly, prevent frizz and give you the ability to multitask while waiting for your hair to dry. Isn’t that beautiful.
Video review: Salon Sundry Bonnet Hair Dryer
Andis Ceramic Ionic Styler Hair Dryer
This is the best blow-dryer I have ever owned. I am African-American with coarse natural hair. This blow dryer gets my hair dry very quickly with minimal hair loss. The design is lightweight and easy to hold plus the attachments are perfect … I love this and recommend it to everyone
Unboxing and tutorials jump to 3:43 minutes
Works great with
- African-American hair
- Kinky hair
- Painful coily hair
- Afro-Caribbean hair
- Hair full of full of both spiral curls and waves
- Hair that tends to shrink almost 75%
- If you’re transitioning from relaxer to natural hair
- Thick, curly hair (beautifully blows it straight)
- Coarse, frizzy, stubborn hair
- Fine hair (gives it more volume by directing the heat at the roots giving it better lift)
- Thin straight hair
- Chemically treated hair
The Andis Ceramic Ionic Styler
- No longer spend a lot of time taming the frizz created by your hair dryer
- Dries, straightens and styles the hair in 1/2 the time
- Distributes the heat evenly
- Leaves the hair smooth and silky, super soft and shiny, frizz-free without drying out or burning the hair
- Offers a nice blow-dryer and styler combo that comes with a whopping 5 year warranty
- Is 1875 Watts and features 3 heat (low, medium and high) and 2 fan speeds
- Is dual voltage (110-120V / 220-240V), which is a super cool option for your vacations overseas
- Comes with three styling attachments (act as a barrier between the heat and the hair): a boar bristle brush (speeds up the drying time and great for fine hair and essential to a less frizzy and smoother blow dry) and two combs (wide and narrow toothed)
- Has a spring-loaded cool button
- Has a 6 feet long cord
- Has a fabulous goldish straight body design, which is much better than the “L” shaped dryer making it easier to control, more comfortable to hold and lighter (even for people with carp-tunnel and arthritis)
- Is quieter than most hair dryers and doesn’t overheat
- Is well-made and vibration-free and easy on the wallet
- It’s a bit bulky for those with tiny hands
- Some have found the boar bristle brush to be a bit soft
Unboxing and tutorials jump to 3:53 minutes
Works great with
- All types of natural, African American, kinky, curly, wavy and coily hair
- Relaxed hair
- Caucasian hair
- Thick coarse hair
- Thin straight hair (adds style and volume)
- Dry hair
- Frizzy hair
- Fine thin hair (blow dry upside down using at low heat to smooth it out and give it more body)
- Colored hair
The Infinity Pro by Conair
- Is perfect for those who can’t dry and use a round brush at the same time
- Helps dry straight, tame frizzes and add volume to the most stubborn hair fast and with less effort
- Leaves hair a lot bouncy, soft, shiny, sleek, flexible, voluminous, frizz-free and without fly-aways
- Does not burn, dry out, rake through, break or leave hair overly dry and crunchy
- Helps you blow your curly hair straight without a round brush!!! (removes the tangles and loosens the curl easily)
- Marries the renowned Ionic technology with a tourmaline ceramic coated grille and dries the hair pretty fast with less damage to the hair and scalp
- Can dry the roots without the attachments (keep it 3 to 4 inches away from your scalp)
The Infinity Pro by Conair
- Is 125/250v AC 60Hz 1875W (high powered, well-made and durable dryer)
- Features two heat/speed settings and a cool shot (you have to keep pressing)
- Is dual voltage (has a universal converter switch located on the side of the handle which is preset to 125 volts and can be switched to 250 volts)
- Comes with 3 attachments 1 double comb (2 rows), 1 single comb (wide-toothed – each tooth is about 1/4″ apart) and 1 brush (pretty stiff bristles / hard and plastic-y)
- Its comb attachments help dry quickly, stretch and relax the hair without pulling it and without leaving any tangles
- Its brush attachment ensures a better distribution of heat all the way through and smooths any fly-aways
- All the attachments help get most of the kinkiness out of the hair and they snap on firmly and hold securely
- Has a compact hatchet/comb-like design which makes it easy to manage and maneuver (dimensions: 12.2 x 4 x 10 inches), which makes ti great for travel)
- Is very lightweight (head alone weighs 1lbs. The whole (brush + cable) weighs about 1.3 lbs)
- Has a flat swivel cord that doesn’t get all twisted up
- Comes with a sample of One n’ Only Argan Oil
- Has a 4-year manufacture warranty
- Some say it’s a bit loud but others said they clean the hair from the brushes or unscrew the top cover to be able to clear the hair off the blower. This helps a lot
- Its cord is short (about 2f)
Wahl Afro PowerPik Hair Dryer with Pik Attachment
FHI Heat Platform Nano Salon Pro 2000 Powerful Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer
Turbo Power Twin Turbo 2600 Hair Dryer
Hair Care and Straightening
For this week, we have compiled a tutorial to help you protect your hair with the Kérastase hair care, and the show you how to straighten it with the help of GHD flat iron. The style you about to realize are going to be your best.
What you need for the hair care and the straightening
♥ Kerastase Nutri- thermique: Shampoo for very dry and sensitised hair
♥ Kerastase Fondant Nutri-Thermique: provides intense nourishment for dry and sensitised hair.
♥ Olive Oil. Olive oil lotion reinforces and stimulates the scalp for healthy looking hair.
♥ Aphogee Treatment Protein for fragile and damaged Hair
♥ Ghd flat iron heats fast and gurantees long lasting straightening
Wash your hair with Kerastase Nutri- thermique shampoo. Wash twice and towel dry your hair to avoid breaking and damaging it.
Applying the hair care
Apply the Kerastase FONDANT NUTRI-THERMIQUE and then detangle your hair with a comb. Wrap your hair in cellophane and let it sit and relax for a bit from 15 minutes to 1 hour (the more the better for the shampoo to penetrate and nourish the roots of your hair)
Rinse and dry
This is a very important step: Rinse abundantly and thoroughly with water to ensure there is no more product on your hair. To avoid breaking your hair, gently pat dry it with a towel. To dry your hair quickly and safely. We recommend Laila Ali LADR5604 Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer, Purple and White. Have a look at it and see what others say about it.
Blowdrying and straightening
Once your hair is dry, apply the Olive Oil serum. This serum greases your hair. After that apply the Aphogee protective serum onto the hair and onto hair ends to make sure you protect them from the heat of the flat iron. Then grab your hair dryer, blow-dry your hair and then straighten it with a flat iron. We recommend you use the GHD flat iron. This flat iron is of great quality and does not burn the hair and guarantees salon-like results.