Hair Dryers For Curly Hair
Hair Dryers For Fine Hair
Best Blow Dryers For Natural Hair
Quiet Blow Dryers
Cordless Hair Dryers
Sit Under Hair Dryers
Low EMF Hair Dryers
Professional Hair Dryers
Nothing could be easier than choosing the best hair dryer in 2015? A big mistake!! Apart from the general criteria such as weight, air flow, power, and accessories, a number of other different factors such as your hair type and the new technologies need to be examined before saying “this is my next hair companion”. Your blow dryer will certainly be your beauty ally, and maybe that of the whole family, for everyday life and for many years to come. There is a plethora of brands and models on the market today. Therefore make sure you read our blow dryer reviews to make the right choice from the start.
Fisrt off: my hair dryer should
What to monitor
I found this infographic from the beautydepartment.com and found it to be very useful to you
The best hair dryer: How to meticulously choose one in 5 Easy Steps
Drying, hairstyling and more will require you hold your hair dryer at arm’s length for a certain length of time. This means that your hair dryer should absolutely be easy to handle and as lightweight as possible; should this not be the case, it is likely that you’ll hastily dry your hair and end up with messy half-done drying.
2. Speed and heat settings
The success of your hairstyles greatly depends on these two criteria. To choose the right speed and heat you should take into account your hair type (thick, fine, curly, frizzy, straight …) and the frequency of use. Have a look at these hair dryers for frizzy hair.
The power of the best hair dryers ranges from 1300 to 2200 watts. Please note that it’s not advisable to rush towards the most powerful models: if it’s for everyday use, you should be careful as unnecessarily powerful dryers might damage your hair or even irritate your scalp.
Look for some balance in terms of speed
Medium speed will protect your hair but makes the drying time a bit longer. However, you should avoid setting your hair dryer to a very low speed as this will make the operation endless and you’ll surely end up with unfinished messy drying. Varying speed settings allows you to opt for the one that mostly suits the kind of operation you desire.
Vary the heat settings to protect your hair
As is generally known, when used repeatedly, hair dryers can quickly damage your hair. For this very reason a temperature regulator reduces their harm to the minimum. Hot air is used to dry and create hairstyles, whereas cool air is used to lock the style into place. This function is also very beneficial for static hair.
The main accessories are the attachments and it’s of paramount importance that your hair dryer has at least two of them:
3.1. A concentrator nozzle for hairstyling. Its diameter is determined by the type and length of your hair; a large concentrator nozzle is best for long and thick hair, whereas a tight nozzle is convenient for precision work at the level of the hair strands as well for short, shoulder-length or fine hair.
3.2. A diffuser attachment diffuses the heat and is perfect for damaged, curly or frizzy hair. Check these hair dryers for curly hair.
If you hesitate between two models, examine the rear filter: a filter with narrow holes ensures a better collection of dust and other various particles during the drying process. Sometimes the smallest things can make the biggest difference: anti-slip grip, location of heat and speed settings, length of the power cord …
4. New technologies
For some time now, we have heard a lot about ionic blow dryers without really knowing what that really means.
The Ionic Hair Dryer
Ionic hair dryers offer a better protection against static electricity triggered by positive ions; this electricity is released once high temperature is blown on wet hair. Hair is non-conductive which means it doesn’t allow electrons to travel across it, and consequently positive ions are trapped in.
Ionic hair dryers produce negative ions in the form of water droplets. Negatively-charged ions neutralize static electricity and transfer all of their shine to your hair. Moreover, drying becomes faster and thus less traumatic for the hair. And faster drying means less power consumption. Check these best Ionic hair dryers
Opt for ionic ceramic and tourmaline
For optimum quality, consider having a hair dryer featuring the ionic, ceramic and tourmaline technologies. Ceramic ensures a better and homogeneous diffusion of heat onto the hair. This is how ceramic hair dryers do not overheat or burn the hair. Tourmaline hair dryers ensure healthy drying and shiny results. They dry the hair from the inside out in a flash preventing heat damage tremendously.
5. Professional blow dryers
The technologies mentioned above are present in professional blow dryers. Yet, they are no longer the hairdressers’ little secret since people can have access to them in stores or specialized websites.
Why opt for a professional hair dryer over a large retail one abundantly available in supermarkets?
The answer is simple; professional hair dryers are more powerful, more robust and have a longer life than classic ones.
Professional hair dryers are equipped with an AC (Alternating Current) Motor, which is long lasting and more resistant, whereas conventional ones are equipped with a DC (Direct Current ) Motor, which, due to the high RPMs, tend not to last as long.
It must be said that DC Motors are manufactured in China and AC Motors in Italy, which says it all in terms of quality. Therefore they cannot be compared knowing that a 1600 Watt AC is equivalent to a 2000 Watt DC. Check out these professional hair dryers
Cordless Hair Dryers
Campers, hikers and girls often on the move keep asking me if there are any cordless hair dryers. The answer is. Hair dryer manufacturers have made some cordless models to satisfy the needs of such women. These hair dryers are battery-operated and can help those who can’t leave their hair air-dry. Here are some best cordless hair dryers.
Low EMF Hair Dryers
Did you know that there are low EMF hair dryers? I bet you don’t. All home appliances emits EMF that is dangerous the human health, and guss which appliace is closest to your head: your blow dryer. Check these best Low EMF hair dryers.
Sit Under Hair Dryers
Unless you’re not from this planet you will not remember those bucket-like gizmos that our moms go to salons to sit under. Now, a lot of women have discovered how great and less damaging they are for hair. They ensure a great distribution of heat onto the hair, and this makes the drying process faster. Check this collection of best sit under hair dryers.
Allure, InStyle, Redbook, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar and Self Magazine contributed with crucial insight from experts in the beauty field; we also browsed countless hair-based websites for user and expert reviews to provide you with some juicy content and easy to use reviews. Finally, we harvested Amazon.com, TotalBeauty.com, MakeupAlley.com, Drugstore.com and other consumer-review sites to find real owners’ favorite models.
The good news is you did well check out our best hair dryer reviews and models along with their features and reviews.
Collection of ten best hair dryers for 2015
Babylis Pro babtt5585 Tourmaline Titanium 3000 Dryer
It uses far-infrared heat that dries the hair from the inside out
Works great with
- Fine and baby fine hair
Also good for
- Thick coarse, thin, long, wavy and “cowlick-y”, curly, curly-kinky hair
The Babyliss Pro Tourmaline Titanium
- Features a 1900 watts powerful Extended life Ac Motor
- Maximizes volume
- Features the ionic, ceramic and tourmaline technologies
- Has a beautiful 6 heat and speed combination
- Is well balanced making drying the back of the hair less tiresome
- Uses far-infrared red heat
- Has powerful airflow
- light weight, quiet
- Features a non-slip grippy finish, a cold shot button, 9ft power cord, removable filter for better maintenance
- Some reviewers complain the control buttons are where the fingers rest, but add they get used to this issue fast
Remington Silk Ceramic Ionic AC Professional Hair Dryer
SILK ceramic technology and ion generator for smooth finish
Works great with
- Very long, thick, naturally curly hair (dries in less than 15 mns)
- Wavy mixed texture
- Unruly hair / thin hair
The Remington Silk Ceramic
- Dries hair faster with no static, no poofy frizzies, no knots, no breakage, no fly-aways
- Leaves hair full of volume, fully dried, silky, smooth, shiny, bouncy and more manageable / curls look better
- Blow-outs last longer
- Doesn’t get too hot
The Remington Silk Ceramic
- Is 1875W / 125V~ 60 Hz (very powerful)
- Features 2 fan settings with turbo speed (Hi, Lo) and 3 heat settings (low, medium, high)
- Has nice rocker switches that operate independently
- Features a cold blast button to finish up and lock in the style
- Comes with concentrator and diffuser that stay on securely
- Is sturdy, comfortable to hold, quiet and aesthetically pleasing
- The unit does not get hot
- Comes with a 70 inch long power
- The back snaps off easily to clean the the filter
- Has a 4 year warranty
- Some reviewers say the vent sucks long hair, but others confirmed this happens due to lack of experience in hair drying
- A bit heavier
Elchim 2001 Professional Hair Dryer 2000 Watts
Works great with
- Curly hair, naturally curly, curly twisted hair (to dry, style or straighten with a round brush / great for those who have lost their defined curls)
- Frizzy, unruly hair
- Long, thick coarse hair (dries very quickly)
- Wavy hair
- Fine (even lots of it), thin Hair
- Color Treated Hair
- Straight and flat hair (gives it more body)
The Elchim 2001
- Literally cuts drying time in half with salon results
- Makes hair silky, glossy, voluminous, manageable, less thick and impeccably styled
- Hair is no more poofy, spongy or frizzy (hair dries quickly nad barely has time to frizz)
- Helps blow hair straight without gels, straighteners (less heat damage) or finishers
- Its even blast of hot air helps create styles from soft waves to spikes
The Elchim 2001
- Guarantees professional salon looking results
- Italian made quality and durable model (clearly built for the long haul)
- 2000 watts / 110-125 V ~ 50/60Hz (gets very hot without drying out the hair
- Has a superb airflow (1500 liters/minute), yet surprisingly quiet (feels very low key)
- 7 heat/speed combinations (great for all hairstyles)
- Is well balanced, ergonomic and easy to hold and maneuver (fits confortably even in tiny hands)
- Comes with a flat nozzle for precise styling
- Its housing is resistant to heat and shock (resistant polycarbonate plastic)
- Has a 9f thick rugged round cord (far less prone to tangling)
- Twist-off filter to clean and keep the fan speed at it speak
- Comes without a diffuser
- Does not have a cool shot button, but users say the cool setting is far enough
T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Ion Generator Hair Dryer
I have fine hair and have found this hair dryer to be better than any shampoo, conditioner or styling product as far as the positive effects I have seen
- Fine, wavy hair that is hard to manage and tends to frizz / fine textured
- It gives the hair fantastic body and leaves it shiny and bouncy
- Thin (with split ends and fly-aways)
- Straight hair
- Coarse curly (brings it back to life)
- Long, very thick, dry, naturally wavy/curly, bleached hair
The T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i
- Is very powerful yet gentle
- Is quiet and super lightweight compared to other professional models (easy on the arms)
- Dries hair faster than many other professional hair dryers
- Makes the hair full of body, smoother, glossier, healthier, straighter, frizz-free, easier to style
- Dries the hair quicker without damaging or frying it
- Takes 15 minutes max to dry and style the hair
- Very powerful but much quieter than other professional hair dryers
- Comes with an amazing barrel-shaped brush making the results even better
- Features 2 speed and 3 heat settings, a long cord, cold air function, easy to hold handle
- Removable lint filter
- Some reviewers say the vent can be a hair sucker
- Other reviewers say the T3 dies sooner but others confirm you have to make sure you buy from official dealers and added you should return it once you feel something is wrong
♥ Patent-pending ceramic pearl technology for the smoothest salon finish ever
♥ 1875 watts
♥ Ionic conditioning Ceramic
♥3 heat settings/2 speeds
♥ Bonus concentrator and diffuser included
♥ AC motor for 40% faster drying time
♥ 3x longer motor life
♥ Cool shot Quiet motor
♥ Concentrator 4 year warranty
Super Solano Professional Hair Dryer
I always looked at drying my hair as a tedious chore but now I almost look forward to that part of my day, given the fact that my hair ends up looking so nice by the time I am through wielding this little baby
- Long thick coarse hair that is a pain to dry
- Curly hair
- Fine or Thin Hair (does not damage the hair)
- Color Treated Hair
- Frizzy hair
- Wavy hair
The Super Solano
- Has an unrivaled powerful airflow (not scalding) that makes drying and styling a breeze
- No more split ends, fly-aways or frizz
- Leaves hair healthy, glossy, smooth, silky and voluminous
- Is a high-end professional tool that has sturdy housing featuring the ceramic technology (not ionic technology)
- Comes with two nozzles for more effective blow drying
- Hairstylists use it because it’s quality and long-lasting
- Features multiple heat and speed settings and a cool shot button that literally and instantly blasts cold air to set curls and styles (admittedly, the majority of blow-dryers have this feature but the problem is that they either blast warm air or take longer to generate cold air)
- Does not singe the hair
- Dries and smooths curly hair without creating frizz
- Its weight is well-balanced making it easy to hold and maneuver
- Is gentler on the ears (no high-pitch, shrill noise)
- Has a super long cord (might be considered a downside for some)
- Has a rear filer to prevent the fan from sucking the hair
- Comes with a hand loop if you have no free drawer
- Does not come with a diffuser
- If you’re used to cheap dryers you might find this one a bit on the heavy side
Great for these types of hair
- Thick and very thick, long (washed everyday), curly (sensitive to heat) and naturally curly, frizzy, dry (it moisturizes hair)
The Panasonic Nano-e Hair Dryer
- Adds volume to the hair
- Does not dry the hair out
- Makes the hair softer, smoother, shinier, healthier and moisturized as if you just came back from the salon
- Helps get rid of at least 75% of the frizziness
- Is far much quieter than any other blow dryer
- Cuts the drying remarkably, so no more sweating after you step out of the shower especially for those in a rush in the morning
- Helps women enjoy styling their hair after long years of wearing it back
- You do not need to condition your hair on a daily basis
- A few users complain that it is a bit bulky and heavy
3 best hair dryers you don’t see very often in 2015
Parlux Professional 3800 Ionic and Ceramic Hair Dryer
Thanks to its 2100 W of power, you will be able to have your hair dried in minutes. It features 4 heat settings, two-speed settings and a cold air shot button. This is not everything. It’s ionic and ceramic guaranteeing supple and shiny results. Your hair is safe from damage. Moreover, it has a 9.84 long cord making your movements easier. And for those tired with their deafening hair dryers, the Parlux 3800 is quieter than most blow-dryers. It comes with two attachments: one for precision styling and the other to help dry your hair fast.
It boasts an elegant modern design, is easy to take when on the move and is long lasting sparing you bucks for long years to come.
Velecta Paramount Professional Ceramic Ionic TGR4000I
Velecta’s most powerful model: 2000 watts, extremely powerful airflow – 80mph (130km/h). its 2 speed and 2 heat settings offer great possibility to create the style you want and protect your hair from high heat. Then the cool shot button is there to lock the style into place. What’s more interesting, it’s quiet as it produces only 69 dB, which is great to use in the morning while everyone’s still in bed.
Have you seen the design of this jewel? Its ergonomic grip makes it easy to use highhandedly by right and left-handed alike. Your arms will hold it even longer as it is lightweight: 18.34 oz, 520 gram and compact: 6.29 inches (small enough to tuck inside your drawer). It comes with two rotating attachments for fast drying and maximum precision styling. Finally, it has a 14-foot flexible and durable power cord.
Hair Blow Dryer Swiss Nano 9200 Superionic
In bright red, Hair Blow Dryer Swiss Nano 9200 Superionic T Red demonstrates its high-level performance: powerful 2000 Watts motor, negative ion generator that assures great respect for fragile or dyed hair, 2 speed and 3 heat settings, cool shot button, 2 attachments (remain cold), 9ft cord tangle-free 360° Rotocord, and finally 100% exclusive ROTOCORD system:
It’s a genius anti-tangle system that makes this hair dryer’s cord 100% tangle free. Rotocord system looks like a small pear connecting the hair dryer to the cord. It’s made up of two parts that are pivotable against each other while keeping the power contact in safety. This way, you can easily handle the Swiss Nano in all directions and change hands without tangling the cord.
If your hair is done properly and you have on good shoes, you can get away with anything IRIS APFEL - HARPER'S BAZAAR, APRIL 2013
End of article:
Best Hair Dryer Reviews
Download ebook: Ununsual uses of a hair dryer